Monday, 26 December 2011

... Tanzania: My Wild Life

Today I was back on the road again for a couple of hours on a bus headed for Arusha on the other side of Kilimanjaro, closer to Mt. Meru. It is one of Tanzania's most developed & fastest-growing towns and is known more as the gateway to the Serengeti. A side note of interest is that it hosted the International Criminal Tribunal for the horrific Rwandan genocide.

I had apparently decided that 4 nights camping on the slopes of Kilimanjaro wasn't enough, I was now going to camp with the wildlife which would hopefully include sightings of the Big 5. Over five days I will be taking in the sights of the National Parks at Lake Manyara & the Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Olduvai Gorge, the village of Mto wa Mbu and visiting a Maasai family.

The batteries of my Canon EOS 60D are charged, my new 70-300mm lens ready to go... Time to get up close & personal with some African wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment