Sunday, 5 December 2010

... Patagonia: Death By Penne

Someone with a sick sense of humour decided to play "Eat, Pray, Love" for the inflight movie. I couldn't even watch the travel map because I didn't have one of those little personal TV screens. Instead I found myself wanting to ram the nth pasta dish down Julia Roberts' throat. Mmmm these throat lozengers are so appetizing!

This was going to be a long flight.

Despite my buttocks feeling like they were no longer a part of me and my neck mimicking some extreme yoga position I fell asleep about mid-flight. I'm sure I looked a right sight but by this point I'd been traveling for about 13 hours and was beyond caring. Well, for most part. I did still position myself so that I could drool somewhat in private against the window. Particularly useful for any dreams about food should I have any!

I wasn't hungry though, right?

LAX is actually tolerable when you can simply grab your bags and leave. Don't expect to read that statement from me all that often however. Still, it was a welcome perk having already cleared Customs in Miami.

It also meant that any subsequent meal was going to be slightly more fulfilling than a packet of peanut M&M's that I'd been carrying in my backpack for 2 weeks. My stomach gurgled its approval and promised to stop digesting itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment