Monday, 12 October 2009

... New York City: I Should Be So Lucky

10...


9...


8...


7...


6...


5...


4...


3...


2...


1...


Listen can you hear the distance calling
Far away but will be with you soon
Rocket into outer space in orbit
Take us to the pop stars on the moon

Ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhh, travel in light years.

I've been a fan of Miss Kylie Minogue since I was a kid. She was staring in Neighbours and releasing the likes of Locomotion & I Should Be So Lucky. Over 20 years later I finally got to see her live.

What can I say? Taking place at the Hammerstein Ballroom, the show was a two-hour post-disco fantasia of strobe, bass, and glitter—an all-out spectacle worthy of her screaming fans. And yes I was one of them.

She worked her way through a sizable songbook singing every song live... and sounding absolutely fantastic to boot. She has a surprisingly solid soprano witnessed in full effect during a a stripped-down version of “I Believe in You.” Seven jumbo screens pulsed background images for each number. Hits old (“Better the Devil You Know”), new (“Wow”), and soon-to-be (the upcoming single “Better Than Today”) whipped us all into a sustained frenzy.

She kicked Madonna's pilate'd arse right out of NYC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment