Monday, 29 June 2009

... Peru: Home Sweet Home

The fact we bounced down the LAX runway, albeit ahead of schedule, is probably why there was none of that weird round of applause for the pilot. LAX is still a nightmare although your luggage comes off a damn sight quicker than in Lima.  People were lined up outside onto the street to get through security and most people were, unsurprisingly, in foul moods.  How can it be so bad?  I've never had this much hassle at any other airport!  No wonder people get grumpy when travelling from or through LAX.  All I can say is I am glad I printed out my boarding pass after checking in online whilst I was still in Cuzco. Food options still sucked despite the fact I was in a different terminal from when I flew down although at least I got a Starbucks.

We departed on time and arrived in Vancouver early.  However, YVR appear to be trying some new fandangled automated thing for Canadians coming through Customs involving scanning your passport & customs declaration card. I know I wasn't the only one in the queue that seemed to never end who asked "And this saves us time how?"

Ah, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment