Tuesday, 4 November 2008

... Central America: Leaving On A Jet Plane

So my bags are packed and I'm ready to go....

Currently at YVR waiting to board Continental flight CO288 bound for IAH, Houston Tx. Check-in this morning went a damn sight smoother than the United Airlines debacle back in September when I flew to Jolly Ol' England I am pleased to report. I was checked in and through Security in less than 30 minutes, which ain't too shabby at all. I did have a mini-myocardial infarction when they said the words 'Would you like a $300 voucher and consider taking a later flight because one or more of your flights are over-booked'. Erm... noooooo.  The screaming brat ahead of me in the queue was sent a death stare the Mayan Gods would be proud of. I can only hope that I am sat nowhere near it on the plane.


So now I'm fuelling up on a Grande Americano (in a venti cup), a slice of cranberry bread (pretty yummy) & a Happy Planet 'Extreme Purple' whilst I watch the U.S Election on TV. I hope they remember how to vote this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment